summer beach/ pool days
Come enjoy the sun with us at various pool and beach locations throughout the summer. Friends of all ages welcome. Please contact Katie to RSVP and obtain exact addresses.
7/6 Friday - 10:00 am - Marina Park, Newport Beach
7/9 Monday - 10:00 am - Pool Day - Irvine
7/20 Friday - 10:00 am - Pool Day - Irvine
7/30 Monday - 10:00 am - Marina Park, Newport Beach
8/10 Friday - 11:00 am - Pool Day – Orange
This summer, several members of Trinity are graciously hosting a "Summer Supper" in their homes - a casual yet intentional time and space for us to connect to one another over dinner together! This is a wonderful opportunity for those who are both old or new at Trinity to get to know others at our church on a more personal level than just a Sunday "Hello." EVERYONE is invited and encouraged to sign up for a dinner! Please be advised that space is limited. RSVP is required and will close one week before the date of dinner, so be sure to SIGN UP early!
Film + faith summer workshop
Join us this summer to talk about movies and spirituality! Pastor Eric Chappell is facilitating 5 conversations on film and prayer using the book Movies Are Prayers: How Films Voice Our Deepest Longings by Josh Larsen. Dates are Wednesday evenings – July 11, August 1, 15. To RSVP and for more information, contact Pastor Eric Chappell.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
What better message for our children to hear than the PROOF of God’s grace! During Trinity’s three-day Vacation Bible School, children will explore Ephesians 1-2, focusing on how God’s grace is planned, resurrecting, outrageous, overcoming, and forever. We want our children to know their Savior—to know that it’s God’s grace that makes them who they are! We hope you and your children will join us—July 25th-27th, 9am-12pm, preschool age to 5th grade. SIGN UP HERE!
summer sabbath retreat
Life is busy. Our schedules are packed. We are always going. We’ve forgotten what it means to “be still and know that He is God” (and we are not). Summer offers us the perfect opportunity to slow down for sabbath rest. This summer we are encouraging everyone to schedule a “summer sabbath” - a whole day, or a partial day, set aside for prayer, silence, slowing down and listening to God. There are two options:
1) A Guided Retreat with Pastor Eric Kapur on Monday, July 16th OR Friday, August 10th at the San Luis Rey Mission in Oceanside, 9am-4pm, $35, lunch included, OR
2) A DIY, self-guided retreat using material we will provide. RSVP for the guided retreats with Pastor Eric (email@example.com) OR set aside a day on your calendar now.
SUMMER READING LIST
Here are some of Pastor Eric Kapur’s recommended books for the summer!
- The centrality of our “economic” discipleship - Practicing the King's Economy by Michael Rhodes
- The power of hospitality - The Simplest Way to Change the World by Dustin Willis and Brandon Clements
- The gospel and culture - Movies Are Prayers by Josh Larsen
- The importance of Sabbath - Rest of God by Mark Buchanan